Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Premiere Pro 2022 Issue

• Hector Vera

July 4, 2023 at 4:28 pm

2021 16″ MBP M1 Max is the specs of your computer? And if your timeline is very laggy when running, its likely your specs on your computer, most likely the RAM. The question would be, how many RAMs you have on your machine. Also CPU/GPU is also a factor for Premiere Pro to do the playback well. But if anything, you can pre-render the whole timeline first and then when you play it, it should play as it should with no lags. Hope to hear back from you soon! 🙂

• Mads Nybo jørgensen

July 5, 2023 at 9:51 am

Hey Umberto,

Adding to Hector’s suggestions:

Yes, memory is important, but also what file format that you are working in?
    (ProRes, RAW – 2K, 4K or 8K, and so forth?)

I would also investigate where the media files are stored?
    If on an external spinning HardDrive, then that could be a possible bottleneck.

Potentially same situation if an external or second monitor is attached – it shouldn’t make a difference, but…

Atb
    Mads

• Bill Celnick

July 7, 2023 at 9:47 am

I’m running Premiere (and Resolve) on an even less powerful computer (2021 Mac Mini, 16GB Ram and M1 (not max or pro). I find that it handles 2 or 3 tracks of 4K video quite well.

I notice differences in performance when I use a San Disk SSD Extreme as my editing drive compared to my Samsung T7 SSD – don’t have the specs handy on the drives, but the performance is better with the Samsung – smoother timeline playback for sure.

• Mads Nybo jørgensen

July 8, 2023 at 5:19 pm

Hey Bill,

I permanently have a 2TB Samsung T7 hanging off the back of my Mac Mini M1 (same specs as yours), and just love the extra space transferring data at 1050 MBps.
    When on-site with a client, I use it with a HP ZBook Pro, where it also does a really good job in complimenting the internal storage.

Currently looking at the new 4TB Samsung T7 drive – cost is dropping fast.

Samsung has brought out a new SSD that has over double the speed of the T7:
    Portable SSD X5 Thunderbolt™3 2TB
    Still limited supply, and expensive for a portable drive that is not easy to mount on a camera.

SanDisk Professional has also got some high transfer rates, but comes with a price to match it…

Atb
    Mads

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy