Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Pre-render question

• Pre-render question

Graham Bernard updated 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Daniel Bane

March 31, 2022 at 5:39 pm

I pre-render in Vegas Pro by selecting and using Shift+B. I’m wondering if there is a way to lock the Pre-render. When I pre-render and see a lag time mistake (I sync text and videos for clients), I edit the mistake but loose the Pre-Render and I have to select the area again, use Shif+B so I can check to see if my edit fixed the sync issue.

I may have to tweak/edit the sync issue 2 or 3 times before I get it aligned perfectly — having to pre-render after each edit really slows me down.

Is there a way to lock the pre-render and when done with all the editing required, unlock the pre-render. Or is there another way to pre-render a clip/text for editing than the Shift+B method.

Thanks

• Graham Bernard

April 1, 2022 at 4:14 am

Shift+B is Build Ram Preview. It’s a quick method of Previewing your work AND Is limited by the amount of BUILD RAM PREVIEW you’ve set aside in Preferences. Being a RAM option it’s volatile and WILL disappear if your Timeline is altered. Now, if you wish to have less volatile Previews then use SHIFT+M, and this is PreRendering. Then there is the further option to Render-Out for ongoing editing?

I’ve tried all these methods and select to use them based on what exactly I need AT THAT TIME.

So, what are you trying to achieve:

Volatile/Ephemeral Previews? This will give a quick and dirty view of your work thus far. It can range from a few seconds, to, if you have the RAM to TENS of Seconds or even minutes! 🤩

More Stable Previews? PreRenders > SHIFT+M

Previews that you’re needing to use for editing? Render-Out or intermediary renders.

I think you’ve confused Build RAM Previewing with PreRenders.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy