Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Photoshop and Illustrator CS 2 released

• Photoshop and Illustrator CS 2 released

• Jon W.

April 4, 2005 at 7:33 am

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/overview.html
    https://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/main.html

question about smart objects, it says: “Smart Objects Perform nondestructive scaling, rotating, and warping of raster and vector graphics with Smart Objects.”

it’s established that your illustrator files will have true vector scaling but can you assign a raster layer (say a raster title) as a smart object, scale it down, then scale it back up with no loss?

• Mylenium

April 4, 2005 at 8:46 am

Assuming that the bitmap data is always stored in the original full resolution once it is part of the PSD, that shouldn’t be a problem. Kind of like in layout programs where images only exist as a reference and transforms are applied to their “containers” rather than the data itself. I guess you will see this when opening one of those new PSDs – it might take a bit longer since the file itself is larger and PS checks if any transforms must re-calculated. Kinda like the warning you get when PS wants to re-raster your text layers.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

• Clint Fleckenstein

April 4, 2005 at 1:08 pm

I didn’t see an upgrade price, just a full price, on the website. Any ideas?

Clint

• Grand Admiral

April 4, 2005 at 5:15 pm

DOHHH and I just bought the adobe video collection back in December which included PS CS :[] Good thing I didn’t buy Illustrator CS yet as they released CS 2 already. Now what? After Effects 7/Premiere Pro 2.0/Encore 2, and Audition 2 next month ?!?!? What is there good upgrade policy? 6 months?

• Steve Roberts

April 4, 2005 at 5:33 pm

Regarding the upgrade sales issues, just call Adobe Customer Service.

Steve

• Graham White

April 4, 2005 at 5:54 pm

Top of page, upgrade tab

• Clint Fleckenstein

April 4, 2005 at 6:07 pm

Holy cow, I feel like a noob. Thanks.

Clint

• Grand Admiral

April 5, 2005 at 1:22 am

I just got the phone with adobe, since I bought it back in december, i am don’t qualify…meh… but oh well.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy