Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Boris FX Pan and Zoom for 3 points animation.

• Pan and Zoom for 3 points animation.

Michael McCune updated 7 years ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • nicolas remond

July 12, 2013 at 1:11 am

Hello,

I love Pan and zoom filter, it is extremely intuituive, fast, and produces flawless quality. I am using “AB automation” most of the time, and with the semi automatic and full control modes I have experienced some frustrations. In particular, I cannot manage to make a good smooth and regular animation with 3 stops: travelling from point A to point B, then from point B to point C. Is there a setting than could facilitate such 3 points animation?

Thanks in advance.

Nicoremo

• James Macon

July 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Hi Nicoremo-
    If you change the speed of the animation to accelerate mode or change the interpolation to a curved mode you might get the results your looking for.

-James

• nicolas remond

July 13, 2013 at 4:14 am

Hello James,

I will try that, thanks!
    Nicoremo

• Michael McCune

August 29, 2013 at 2:19 am

Nicolas; Can you bring up the graph mode in FX?

Douglas – Gaijin-Eyes – has a wonderful tutorial on the graph capabilities of FX. It is #16.07.

There is a huge benefit in *seeing* the FX transformations, as the different interpolation modes yield sometimes surprising or unexpected results.

It is all mathematical, of course, so the program is not making mistakes, but unexpected jerkiness I have found is easily fixed when one can see the curves and make changes directly in the graph mode.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy