Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › Only 30 seconds of audio showing in imported H264 files

  • Only 30 seconds of audio showing in imported H264 files

    Posted by Michael Dean on August 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

    Hi!

    I’m having an odd issue in Premiere when importing h264 files, only the first 30 seconds of audio are showing/playing. There is audio through the whole files (they play with audio all the way through in WMP). Below is a link to a screenshot. I am not having this issue with non-h264 video files.

    https://www.freedomfeens.com/AUDIO/H264-issue.jpg

    Thank you!
    Michael

    Michael Dean replied 15 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Vince Becquiot

    August 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm

    Hi Michael,

    This is likely caused by the way it was encoded. Is that from a camera, or something that encoded for the web?

    Vince Becquiot

    Kaptis Studios
    San Francisco – Bay Area

  • Michael Dean

    August 15, 2011 at 5:57 pm

    Neither. They are h264 files I output from Premiere, from a 720p project that has XDCAM footage (with MainConcept’s plugin on my system), h264 footage from a Cannon Vixia, some mini-DV footage, as well as TIFFs, JPGs, WAVs and MP3s.

    The three files I’m showing in that timeline are all two-pass good looking 1280 x 720, 59.94 FPS files. The audio is in them, if I play them in Windows Media Player I can hear the audio all the way through, but no matter how I import them back into Premiere, I can only see and hear the first 30 seconds of audio on each one, and anything I output from them in any format the first 30 seconds of audio on each one. I do not have that problem with other file types, and everything else in premiere seems to be working. For instance, I can output DVD files and author a DVD in Encore and the audio is fine.

    I’m buffaloed by this issue.

    Thank you!
    Michael

  • Michael Dean

    August 16, 2011 at 6:19 am

    I solved the issue. It was an audio codec thing. I’d output as AAC. When I tried it again as AAC2 and re-imported, it worked fine.

    Thanks!
    MWD

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy