When dragging in recordings from OBS Studio to Vegas Pro (16 or 17 doesn’t matter) the colors are not right. The Black, white and gray levels are correct but the colors aren’t.
It’s fine if I drag in a Screenshot of the Recorded Video file but the File itself doesn’t work.
I tried the following:
– Pixel formats 8bit, 32bit video and 32bit full (the latter with almost every setting) -> 8bit and 32bit video are the same and every 32bit full setting either did nothing or changed everything drastically (including darker or lighter blacks)
– Levels Video Effect with every setting -> either did nothing or changed everything drastically (including darker or lighter blacks)
– every Color Format and Color Space and YUV Range combination (the closest always is 709 full regardless of color format)
– Nvenc and x264, mp4 and mkv -> no difference
– custom ffmpeg with utvideo codec -> resulting recorded video was way off so I didn’t do more tests with that
Screenshot of OBS Recorded Video with Media Player Classic:
Screenshot of what Vegas does with it: