Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Not Responding

• Not Responding

Michael West updated 5 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 9 Posts
  • Martin Phillips

February 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Hi All,

It’s been a frustrating few days. I have Sony Vegas pro 12 latest build (486 I think); well over the last few days I have been effected by the dreaded ‘not responding’ hang, mostly when I’m grabbing media from Vegas explorer or the project bin. I have tried everything I can think of.

I’ve just started a system restore back to 16.1 when I installed a QuickTime update, and I am going to re install Vegas 12.

I am 3/4 of the way through a big project, so I’ve started rendering out Mt2 files to rebuild the project in Vegas 11 if needed.

Any ideas will be most warmly received.

Regards
    Martin

• Mark Barton

February 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Check out a similar post and responses here for some ideas.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/958394

• Martin Phillips

February 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hi Mark,

Funny enough, ive just been reading up pon a lots of posts re this issue (shold of done that first). Im going back to vegas 11, before i lose all my hair.

martin

• Jay Allen

February 6, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I have sent in dozens of crash reports about this , even with the latest build, Sony vegas 12 is just broke. I have done everything except a new windows install. even with the problems that 11 had its much more stable than 12.

Wish list for Vegas 13…NO MORE ADD ONS…just fix what is broke!

• Martin Phillips

February 6, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Hi Jay,

I completely agree. I have just wasted 2 days, trying this and that to resolve the v12 issue. Finally this afternoon, I have removed v12 and reinstalled v11 (after rendering out what I could save from the v12 edit) and hay presto, Vegas 11 is running without fault (so far).

I will be requesting a refund from Sony.

Martin

• Steve Rhoden

February 6, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Strange to hear discussions that Vegas 11 was much more stable,
    When in fact Vegas 11 was the most bug infested Vegas version ever,
    and Vegas 12 comes along anew to put Vegas back in solid
    perspective. I can never totally figure out why system specs
    differ so much, and yield different results for certain and
    similar users…mmm.

Steve Rhoden
    (Cow Leader)
    Film Editor & Compositor.
    Filmex Creative Media.
    https://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
    1-876-832-4956

• Jay Allen

February 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm

latest test….opened Vegas12 and i cannot load 1 .mxf clip without freezing. i can load .mts just fine this is after another reinstall of vegas and video driver invidea 310.90

Funny how sony cant handle its own codec

• Martin Phillips

February 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Hi Jay,

uuummmm, Vegas 12….. Well after 2 days of frustration, with more than 40 ‘not responding’ hangs, I did the following:

Uninstalled Vegas 12
    Restored my PC by a week, undoing a java and quicktime updates

Finished the project in Vegas 11 (with rendered mt2 files from the crippled v12)

This morning, I have worked on v12 all day (after switching off GPU – read that somewhere (switched back on before rendering the project) and so far so good – not sure which of these may have resolved the issue, but all seems good at the moment.

Martin

• Michael West

November 5, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Had a problem and found these threads again. Read through all that and this regarding the freezing issue for “not responding.” Turned out it wasn’t so much a bug as it was unticking the prefs for the GPU. For the most part, Vegas 12 has been quite good for me overall. Many say it’s the opposite of Star Trek – use only the odd numbered releases of Vegas. But I think 12 is just fine.
    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/958383

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy