Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › new kona user – component in – what should be out on FCP 7.0

  • new kona user – component in – what should be out on FCP 7.0

    Posted by Kathleen Stuart on October 7, 2010 at 4:06 pm

    Hello, I am a new Kona LHi user as well as a newbie FCP pro 7.0.2 I also have a brand new Sony HXR – NX 5U and i need to learn alot fast as I have a big project to cut. My pro mac was shipped installed and config with the Koni and I can see all the various settings – I have one question and one problem far what is the correct setting to use for sequence and for the capture if i am capturing via component from the camera to the LHi? I plan to use DVD studio pro to burn completed sequences from FCP. Also I am not getting any audio from the kona into FCP. I am using the analog RCA outputs from the camera and have the kona set to analog as well. i tested the output of the camera with a mixer and the levels are there, so has to be something between the kona and FCP. Please advise.

    Jeremy Garchow replied 15 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jeremy Garchow

    October 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm

    Hit control-q and choose the easy setup you’d like to use that matches your format/frame rate.

    If shooting 1080i 29.97, I’d suggest AJA Kona LHi 1080i 29.97 ProRes LT or ProRes.

    Jeremy

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy