Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Need Assistance With Sony Vegas 5 Rendering Options

  • Mike Kujbida

    January 22, 2013 at 6:24 pm

    [Scott Hicks] “When I render from Vegas, am I supposed to be rendering to two different files, audio & video separately and then bring them into DVD Architect…”

    Yes. You render the video as a “DVD Architect NTSC video stream” mpeg 2 file and the audio as an AC-3 file.
    Give both of them the same name (i.e. Scott.mpg and Scott.ac3) and render them both to the same folder.
    That way, when you go into DVD Architect and load the video file, the audio will automatically follow.

    ” It creates a folder called “Audio_TS” but it doesn’t put anything in there.”

    With the exception of specialty concert DVDs, the AUDIO_TS folder is always empty.

    “Note: This may be a dead question anyhow. I decided to purchase Vegas 10 Professional and should have it in a few days. I may just be wasting my time with such an old program. Thoughts?”

    There are a lot of similarities between Pro 10 and Vegas 5 so finish this project and learn from it.
    Are you getting a newer version of DVD Architect as well?
    p.s you’ll find some good tutorials for Pro 10 at https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/training

  • John Rofrano

    January 22, 2013 at 7:33 pm

    [Scott Hicks] “It creates a folder called “Audio_TS” but it doesn’t put anything in there. “

    That folder is supposed to be empty. It’s only used for Audio DVD’s which never really caught on.

    [Scott Hicks] “When I render from Vegas, am I supposed to be rendering to two different files, audio & video separately and then bring them into DVD Architect or should it work with one complete MPG file?”

    Yes, you should be rendering your video as MainConcept MPEG-2 using one the DVD Architect … templates and then render your audio as Dolby Digital AC-3 and give it the same name as the video just with the .ac3 extensions. When you drop the video into DVD Architect it will know that the audio goes with it. If you double-click on the video in DVD Architect it should show you a timeline with both the video and the audio.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Scott Hicks

    January 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

    Thank you very much Mike and John for your help. With your guidance I was finally able to get everything working. I did what you suggested and rendered the video and audio separately as AC3 and then was finally able to burn the finished DVD successfully. I’m very pleased with the results.

    I pretty much learned that you have to play with the video quality slider to get the best results. The default setting is fairly low so I ended up putting it at several different settings to test the finished file size. I finally settled on 28 and was able to get the MPG and AC3 file to just a little under 4.3GB.

    This is a great forum and I’m glad that I came across it on Google as it’s been very helpful. I’m looking forward to getting the newer version of Vegas as I’m planning on working on some HD video stuff and burning Blu-Ray in the future. I’m very impressed with Vegas after working with Premiere for many years now.

    Thanks!

  • John Rofrano

    January 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

    You’re welcome. Glad you got it all sorted out.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy