Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro My wedding 4K video final export showing images only for 30 minutes

• My wedding 4K video final export showing images only for 30 minutes

• Catalin Ciuculescu

January 11, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Hello, people. I’m having a hard time rendering a wedding I shot in 4K last summer.

I spent about 3 days now, after 2 attempts, for the wedding final export. So happy today to open the file, and then – bam – sadness…

Slightly after 30 minutes the video goes black. No image, no sound, time still counting…

Even though, when exporting, the file would have been around 40Gb, the final file is only around 12Gb…

Anyone can help, please?

• Eric Santiago

January 12, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Can you see the clips shot in another application say AME?

I am assuming you can see them in a Premiere timeline.

• Catalin Ciuculescu

January 12, 2021 at 9:13 pm

@Eric, I can see the clips in Premiere. I export my Timeline using AME and everything works well just until it finishes exporting. AME warning message popping up saying the encoding is in progress and if I’m sure I want to quit the program.

I press “No” for several times – it still comes back again.

I left the warning message until the export is finished, then, when I locate my final export I get 2:15h long video, but only 30mins are playable.

• Todd Perchert

January 12, 2021 at 10:43 pm

Is there anything at the mark it fails? Like a graphic or something at an edit, or is it in the middle of a shot, or what? I’m wondering if there is a graphic or plugin or something that comes in at that point. And also, what are your render settings? Why would you render it out to a 40GB file? That’s not a useful size for anything.

• Catalin Ciuculescu

January 13, 2021 at 1:05 am

@Todd, nothing at the mark, no glitch, or anything like that… I haven’t used any warp stab, or any other video controlling plug-in than Premiere’s LUTs.

A screenshot of my render settings is attached below.

I’m giving the wedding film on a usb 3.0 drive and wanted a good output quality in the end.

• Catalin Ciuculescu

January 13, 2021 at 2:43 pm

@Todd, I tried reexporting everything. I can see 40 mins and the clip stays locked on the last played frame. Here’s the log file that appeared next to the checkmark.

• Todd Perchert

January 13, 2021 at 4:14 pm

OK. But is there an edit at the point it goes to black. Could be a piece of video that has some kind of issue/corrupt. If it is at an edit, look at any plugins or effects and turn them off one at a time to see if that changes the render. Or could be the video clip at that point. May need to transcode that clip and re-insert into your sequence. You can always use in/outs to render just a small portion to see if anything is changing at that point.

You have a sequence in/out selected, I assume you wanted that? Couple of things on your render I would change. You don’t need “Use Maximum Render Quality” selected – that benefits when changing your image size. And I would try dropping that bitrate down some on an h264 file.

I’m assuming this plays back fine on your timeline. Have you tried rendering your previews on your timeline, then using the previews on export? It’s that checkbox to the right of Maximum Render Quality. One old trick to manage a full preview render is to add an adjustment layer or something to the top layer and put a video effect that won’t do much, but forces sequence to want a preview render. May add time, but may force it through.

These are all just things to look at to see what could be causing the issue.

• Catalin Ciuculescu

January 13, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Thanks so much. I’ve made some changes before I read your reply, but I’ll definitely make the changes you suggested if I have the same problem with the rendered file.

I’ll come back tomorrow. Thanks so so much

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy