Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › My video clips skip on Vegas Pro 8.

  • My video clips skip on Vegas Pro 8.

    Posted by Breon Wilson on January 23, 2008 at 9:50 am

    For the past few days I’ve been trying to make a Music Video on Vegas Pro 8 with video game clips I have. The problem is that when I overlap some of the clips or give them video/transition effects, the video ends up skipping on them as if it was on a scratched DVD and I don’t know why.

    I don’t know if this helps, but a lot of the clips are XviD MPEG-4 Codec, ranching from 15 to 30 fps.

    Do I need to convert the video clips to a different format? If I do, how do I do that?

    Breon Wilson replied 18 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Edward Troxel

    January 23, 2008 at 5:13 pm

    If it’s happening during preview, it could be that your computer can’t “keep up”. You might try highlighting that section and doing a RAM render. Or you could reduce the preview quality/size.

    See what it looks like after you render the final result. I’m sure you’ll see it’s fine.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Breon Wilson

    January 24, 2008 at 5:48 pm

    Yep, it turns out it was just my computer. After I rendered everything it turned out to be fine. Thanks for the help.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy