Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums VEGAS Pro Music video

• Music video

Luigi Perrotta updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Peter Goode

March 14, 2021 at 8:33 pm

I need to do multiple edits on multiple video timelines but keep them synced to the audio track. Can I do multiple edits to a video clip without it moving out of position? Locking the track prevent me from splitting it.

• Luigi Perrotta

April 8, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Group all the tracks together then if you split one they all will be split.

• Peter Goode

April 9, 2021 at 7:02 am

Thanks for the reply Luigi, but I do not want to split any other track than the one I am working on. My process is sorting useable clips on each timeline and then choosing which ones to promote. Once I have imported and synced the takes to the original audio I delete the unwanted camera audio.
    This is why it is important that those takes cannot move off of their timeline.

Pete.

• Luigi Perrotta

April 9, 2021 at 2:10 pm

I usually use two-3 video tracks and about six audio tracks. The cam tracks get synced together with their own audio. I make copies of the audio tracks recorded on the audio recorder and sync them all together. The audio tracks from the audio recorder don’t have drop out or other problems, they become the tracks to sync to. Since I deal with projects over one hr. long, sometimes the cam tracks walk away I split them and sync again to the audio from the recorder. I use envelopes to choose what I want to see and hear. I hope this helps.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy