Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe After Effects Multi-Screen

• Multi-Screen

Posted by Eric Santiago
    on September 19, 2023 at 9:34 pm

I can’t seem to find anything that can do this.

I want to create a multi-screen project but in a dynamic form.

If you look at this video (URL on actual frame)

https://youtu.be/oBxPQz_WmCA?t=23

and you see the multiple screens, I would like one where if you transform one screen in any direction it would affect all the other screens as well.
    I don’t mind if cropping is involved but scape/position should also be involved.

Seems like a pipe dream but if anyone can direct me to the right template/tutorial.

Much appreciated!

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

Eric Santiago
    replied 7 months ago
    2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Eric Santiago

September 19, 2023 at 10:09 pm

So far I found this one 🙂

https://aescripts.com/flex/

• Graham Quince

September 20, 2023 at 8:36 am

Flex looks great and that’s probably the easiest approach, but if I was trying to do this on no budget, I probably do the following:

• Create a set of precomps, one for each layout
    • Animate the layers to appear in each.
    • Set the precomps up as Essential Graphics so that I could swap the layers out from the main comp
    • Then all that’s needed is to add them in the order I want.

(Having said all that, Flex is only $25)

• Eric Santiago

September 22, 2023 at 2:31 am

Agreed with your workflow and yes I have done that with other projects.

I’ve been testing the Flex demo and so far I love it.

However, I have to say the steps you suggested would have been just as rewarding but the trip would have been long.

I did something similar using Maya with vertex on polygons and then exported the outlines and matched it in AE. It was more of a fluid result but the process of converting to layers in AE was way too long to deal with.

Still a fun experience but not as easy as a plugin.

Flex has its shortcomings but that could just be lack of experience with it.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy