-
monitoring HVX 200 footage
I have a G5 dual 1.8 running 5.1.1 FCP. I have a Panasonic HVX 200 camera and shot some footage on the P2 cards. I imported them into FCP. Here is my problem, what should I set my sequence at and easy setup to edit in real time out to my monitor or is this possible? I shot it in 720 24p DVC PRO 50 HD. I have the Fire wire running throught a sony DSR 40 deck from my computer. I heard you can view footage from the sequence in real time like DV footage. I can view frame by frame or when I scrub my footage in the sequence but when I hit the spacebar for play it says it needs to be rendered. I have no effects or anything in the footage just raw from muy clip. Is this possible or do I need to render every time I move a clip or do anything? Please any help would be great.