Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Media Composer 6.0 freezes up randomly when trying to get Video playback via I/O Express.

  • Media Composer 6.0 freezes up randomly when trying to get Video playback via I/O Express.

    Posted by Neil Bacchus on March 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

    I was wondering if anyone out there is using a configuration similar to this.
    Here is the problem: Media Composer 6.0 freezes up randomly when trying to get Video playback via I/O Express.

    Out of 10x, Video would playback smoothly about 2x, randomly, even in draft mode, half resolution or full quality on the timeline.

    PC Specification-
    1- Asus Board M3A79-T
    2- AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.61 GHZ
    3- Memory 8.00 GB
    4- Avid Media Composer 6.0
    5- AJA I/O Express/PCI (Version 10.1.0 16 64bit)
    6- Raid System 2.0
    7- Quadro FX 1800- Video Card
    8- Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

    It is not the card or i/o box, AJA sent a new one to double check and it still does the same thing. I have followed the installation process as AJA recommend.

    Any help in trying to resolve this would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks. Tony

    Christopher Delaine replied 14 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Christopher Delaine

    April 4, 2012 at 3:48 pm

    You know that AMD Processors are not officially supported by Avid MC 6. I had a similar problem with my Intel system but solved by turning hyper threading back on. I am not sure how to solve the problem with an AMD system.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy