-
“Matte Image” video filter in Fianl Cut Pro 5
Hi all,
I’m quite new to FCP and I’m bumping into an issue in FCP5.
I’ve got 2 elements :
– A static image (PNG file) (1) on track v1
– A video (2) on track v2I’ve created another image (3): It’s black and white with a complex shape and I want to use it as a mask. My goal is that parts of video (2) are seethrough and allow the corresponding bits of image (1) to be seen.
Note that the opposite (seethrough image (1) revealing parts of video (2)) would also be an acceptable solution for me, should you say it’s the only way.– I’ve put my mask image (3) on a 3rd track (track v3), on top of both other tracks.
– I’ve right-clicked on my mask (3) and selected the Matte Image filter.Then I can see through track v3 the bits of track v2 that are located under the originally white parts of track v3.
However, the rest appears white instead of not being displayed (as it was black in the image mask (3) I assumed it wound’t show anything). Those white parts are hiding the image (1) that should be the rest of the background. Nothing of image (1) can be seen.I’m probbaly not understanding how Image matte filter works. I thought one needed a pair of items: one video, and the B&W image mask going with it, to be placed on the track just above it.
What am I doing wrong?