Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Lost two Lacie 250’s in two days need enclosure recommendations.

  • Mark Maness

    May 31, 2006 at 9:14 pm

    So far, G-Raids are the most reliable external drives on the market. I haven’t heard of any complaints about G-Raids.

    _______________________________

    Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

  • Khashyar Darvich

    May 31, 2006 at 9:14 pm

    Sorry about the problems with the Lacie drives. I have heard of similar stories with Lacie hard drives.

    I use a G-tech, and I have been happy with it, and have had no problems with it thus far. I also have a friend in a recording studio who uses G-tech, also with no problems.

    It’s fortunate that you could save your date.

    Good luck,

    Khashyar

  • Steven Gonzales

    May 31, 2006 at 9:39 pm

    I’ve had no problems with wiebetech.com enclosures.

  • Aaron Neitz

    May 31, 2006 at 11:19 pm

    We lost 2 Lacie 500 GB drives.

    We only use G-Tech now – can’t recommend them enough.

  • Rich Rubasch

    June 1, 2006 at 12:42 am

    For a custom enclosure I found a little gem is StorCase.com and they will make an enclosure to your specifications. Mine has run continuously for 2 years without a hiccup….I’m going to knock wood now.

    Rich Rubasch
    Tilt Media

  • Shawn Bockoven

    June 1, 2006 at 1:57 am

    Thank you all.

    SB

  • Andrew Commiskey

    June 1, 2006 at 1:59 am

    I have had no problems with OWC drives and cases in 6 years. (www.macsales.com)
    Drew

    Chaos is the beginning of everything.

  • Ben Holmes

    June 1, 2006 at 9:52 am

    What was the problem? I have had two Lacie drives fail because the firewire connections on the back came loose. A bit of soldering sorted it, but the design is flimsy to say the least…. I’ve switched to G-raid.

    Ben

    Editec Broadcast Editing Ltd
    EVS & FCP specialists for live OB operations.

    Producer/Director “The Supercar Run” now available for international distribution from http://www.electricsky.com

  • Tom Matthies

    June 1, 2006 at 1:27 pm

    I’m still running six LaCie drives and will until they fail. I won’t replace them with more LaCies however. I’ve added a G-Raid and a Huge Sysrems raid in the last year. No problems with either.
    Tom

  • Ben Oliver

    June 1, 2006 at 3:24 pm

    I LOVE LACIE. nuff said.

Page 1 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy