Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Log and Transfer problem

  • Log and Transfer problem

    Posted by Bertan Ayduk on November 7, 2013 at 3:49 pm

    Hi,
    I was using FCP 7.0.3, the other day I wanted to log and transfer some MXF files in to the project but somehow log and tranfer window neither showed the video images nor çmported them. There were audio but not video. First I tought it might be a codec problem (I had all the necessary codec installed) and reinstalled the MXF codec. Didnt work. An editor friend told me that it might be a good idea to remove system files of FCP then try. I did but didnt work either. I removed FCP 7.0.3 and intalled 7.0 instead but faced the same problem…there is audio but no video. Only one option left which is the formatting the computer which I dont want to do it.
    I would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with this.

    Bertan Ayduk replied 12 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Shane Ross

    November 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

    MXF from where? A camera? What camera? Is the FULL card structure of that camera intact?

    [bertan Ayduk] ” An editor friend told me that it might be a good idea to remove system files of FCP then try.”

    What system files? Please say preferences…please. Those are the ONLY things you can remove safely.

    [bertan Ayduk] “I removed FCP 7.0.3 and intalled 7.0 instead but faced the same problem…t”

    How did you uninstall?

    This sounds like a mess…

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Bertan Ayduk

    November 8, 2013 at 10:49 am

    Hi,
    Yes sounds like a little bit messy. First I have removed the the contents of the FCP user data folder. SO I believe I didnt harm anything. Actually FCP is still working with all components accept the log and transfer.
    MXF files from a camera card or the contining folder which is dumped from the card to the computers hard drive (BPAV folders).
    I am using Mac, so I simply delete the FCP from the applications. Possibly it is not correct?

    Thank you for your interest and help in advance.

    Bertan

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy