I am trying to acheive lightning effect. I am new to AE.
I have a 15 second comp. I like to have 3 different pictures on layers.
I want the lightning effect so that the screen is black and with the lightning effect it lights up in “strobe” motion for few seconds and the pictures are revealed only for those few secs or frames with the lightning and then it goes black again.
Here’s one way. If you need more help, search the AE help using the terms in bold as search terms.
1. Create a black solid as a layer in your composition. It should be above the footage layer.
2. Select the solid, and reveal its opacity using the T key.
3. Using hold keyframes, set a key for the solid’s opacity at 100% at the start of the clip.
4. When you want to see the footage, set an opacity key for 0%. This should automatically be a hold keyframe.
5. Move forward two frames, and set a key at 100%.
6. Copy the last two keyframes, move forward two frames, and paste.
7. Keep doing this until you’ve shown enough footage.
8. (The last keyframe should be 100%.)
9. When you RAM preview, be sure to preview every frame — don’t skip frames.
You might want to make the interval three or more frames instead of two.