Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Learning FCP

• Learning FCP

• ralph bertini

March 3, 2006 at 3:12 pm

Hi all,
    Love the “calf” concept. Changed jobs and just got a quad G5 with FCP Studio. Of course the system was ordered by someone who had no clue about video editing so the system is somewhat incomplete. No, media drives, only 1 gig ram, no audio/video interface, speakers or ntsc monitor. I came from the “other” editing platform so I’m not a newbie in the true sense. Enough back story. I’ve managed to install the software and poke around in the program, brings back fond memories of m100 and mac 9600. We’re using a sony dsr 40 deck to capture thru firewire and what I’m seeing in the capture window looks pretty bad and is somewhat jerky, I must have missed a setting or preference somewhere. Sorry for the long post – Ralph

• Tom Wolsky

March 3, 2006 at 3:38 pm

The capture window is a lowres, poorly refreshing representation of the video. Or do you mean the logging window? That’s also a small, lores version, but it shouldn’t look jerky.

All the best,

Tom

Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” DVD

• ralph bertini

March 3, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Thanks for the response, I believe it’s the capture window. I’ll be boning up on my nomenclature. Also, I’m assuming that NTSC video monitoring is accomplished thru the deck once a sequence is created on the timeline?

• Tom Wolsky

March 3, 2006 at 4:58 pm

Yes.

All the best,

Tom

Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” DVD

• ralph bertini

March 3, 2006 at 9:01 pm

Thanks Tom, who’s the publisher CMP???

• Tom Wolsky

March 3, 2006 at 9:07 pm

Yes, CMP.

All the best,

Tom

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy