Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Kona2 RS-422 Control and Sony XDCAM PDW-1500

• Kona2 RS-422 Control and Sony XDCAM PDW-1500

• Mark Maness

October 31, 2005 at 5:16 pm

Has anybody gotten this machine to work with the Kona2 RS-422 port? I have gotten it to work only a couple of times and then it will loose connection throughout the batch digitize process. I’m using FCP 5.03 (didn’t work in previous versions of FCP 5.0 either). I have the Device Control set to AJA Kona2: 29.97 Sony VTR. That is what my video settings are so I have set it to that standard. I don’t get it at all. I have to use the firewire for machine control but I’d rather use the RS-422 for better frame accuracy when searching and cueing up a shot. Can anybody help me?

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

• gary adcock

October 31, 2005 at 5:37 pm

Wayne

it seems that everyone is having problems with that deck
    https://www.avid.com/onlinesupport/supportcontent.asp?productID=114&contentID=8170&browse=

Avid says you can only do it over FW.

Gary Adcock
    Studio37
    HD and Film Consultation
    Chicago, IL USA

• Michael Buday

October 31, 2005 at 6:16 pm

“it seems that everyone is having problems with that deck”

I’ve used this deck many times via RS-422, ethernet and Firewire, and they all work fine, but RS-422 control is limited to capturing from SDI or analog only – you cannot capture via Firewire while under RS-422 control.

If you’re attempting to capture via Firewire under RS-422, I would change your setup to capture via the SDI port using whatever codec you need for your project within FCP.

All the best,

Michael Buday

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy