Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Keyframe modes confusion (circle and arrow shape)

  • Keyframe modes confusion (circle and arrow shape)

  • Alex Volkov

    February 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

    Hi all

    Normally a keyframe is diamond shaped.
    When I Ctrl+Alt+Click a keyframe it becomes arrowshaped
    When I Control+Click a keyframe it becomes circleshaped

    I tried searching for it, but without luck.
    Can anyone please explain what those special two modes are?

    Thanks in advance

  • Simon Bonner

    February 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm


    The circular keyframe is a roaming keyframe. The arrow one might be a hold keyframe. Search for these in help and you should find out all you need to know. Easy-ease keyframes are worth knowing about too.

    Simon Bonner

  • Alex Volkov

    February 3, 2011 at 3:10 pm

    Thanks, now at least I know what they are called. But the hold keyframe I actually knew about – I just forgot.

    Thanks 🙂

  • Michael Szalapski

    February 3, 2011 at 5:35 pm

    This page [link] covers it along with a lot of other useful info. It’s in the help file under Animation and Keyframes.

    – The Great Szalam
    (The ‘Great’ stands for ‘Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble’)

    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

  • Joshua Van

    February 4, 2014 at 5:03 pm
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

Log in to reply.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy