Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Just upgraded to OSX 10.4 Tiger and have ‘Missing Video Digitizer’ problem…

  • Just upgraded to OSX 10.4 Tiger and have ‘Missing Video Digitizer’ problem…

    Posted by Brian Rodriguez on October 25, 2005 at 1:40 am

    Hello,

    I am working at a small ad agency and I just upgraded our Dual 2.5 G5 today to OSX Tiger.

    When I started Final Cut Pro HD, I was prompted that my external capture device was missing, although my deck was connected via Firewire and everything was turned on.

    When I look at my Audio/Video settings > Capture Presets, the video digitizer says ‘missing’, as well as the audio digitizer.

    Is there something I am not seeing?? How can I fix this issue??

    Anyone with ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

    Thank you,

    Brian Rodriguez

    Buddy Shane replied 20 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jeremy Garchow

    October 25, 2005 at 3:45 am
  • Brian Rodriguez

    October 25, 2005 at 4:52 am

    Thanks for the help!!! I found that same page shortly after I posted this problem…I’ll try it tomorrow and see what happens!

    Cheers,

    Brian

  • Steve Connor

    October 25, 2005 at 11:22 am

    Did you do a fresh install, anything else is asking for trouble!

    Steve Connor
    Cardinal HD

    Please fill in your profile – it helps US to help YOU!

  • Buddy Shane

    November 9, 2005 at 12:02 am

    I am having the same issue. I tried to do as instructed at the link Jeremy provided, but when I went to my receipts folder there were no QuickTime files with a number at the end. So I could not do what the instructions told me to.

    I am using FCP HD 4.5. I just installed Tiger. Now I am also getting the ‘missing video digitizer’ in my preferences. Even worse though is that after I tried messing around with my preferences now my screen goes totally black when FCP is open. If I put my cursor at the top the FCP menu bar will show, so I’ve tried messing with the View and Arranments but to no avail. When I use my expose I do see the FCP interface however. But once I click on it it’s nothing but blackness. Any idees?

    Always hunting

  • Buddy Shane

    November 9, 2005 at 12:04 am

    I am having the same issue. I tried to do as instructed at the link Jeremy provided, but when I went to my receipts folder there were no QuickTime files with a number at the end. So I could not do what the instructions told me to.

    I am using FCP HD 4.5. I just installed Tiger. Now I am also getting the ‘missing video digitizer’ in my preferences. Even worse though is that after I tried messing around with my preferences now my screen goes totally black when FCP is open. If I put my cursor at the top the FCP menu bar will show, so I’ve tried messing with the View and Arranments but to no avail. When I use my expose I do see the FCP interface however. But once I click on it it’s nothing but blackness. Any idees?

    Always hunting

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy