- January 29, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Just thought some in here might be amused by this…
Last summer I bought a new (to me) house, and had the pleasure (read: horror) of moving. Every time I’ve ever moved my home or office I’ve always said “That’s it… they’re going to have to carry my cold dead corpse out of here.” It’s so painful.
But you do find interesting stuff you thought you’d lost. Some of you know that back when the dinosaurs roamed long before I was a wannabe movie director I was a wannabe actor. Well, just now rummaging through an ancient box of stuff that hasn’t been opened in decades I found my….. SAG card.
Ahh… the follies of youth. Also reminds me that my dues are late… by about 25 years.
Four things of note, though:
1) I don’t know why it looks so nasty, I’m a fairly clean person (years in an old wallet I guess)
2) Apparently dot matrix printing was still a thing in ’91
3) There was another person with my name already in the Screen Actors Guild, so my SAG name is my first and middle names (hey, just like Tom Cruise… or Jon Stewart)
4) If anyone ever thinks I’m a wimp, I can prove I was once an actual Teamster. They’re tough, right?
Now let’s see what else I can find…….
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.
- January 29, 2020 at 9:24 pm
- February 3, 2020 at 5:36 pm
In my boxes of memorabilia is a dub of a PSA shot in my studio with a super-young freshman Illinois state senator. Very articulate guy, out of an assembly-line parade of about ten legislators coming thru to read off the prompter and split, he made my work easy with his poise and skill in oratory. Had a funny-sounding name, partly Irish, maybe. O’bama, it was. That guy is going places, I thought.
Log in to reply.