Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Jagged edges on export

• Jagged edges on export

• Joe Hollands

July 9, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Hi,

I imagine this is just something I have to accept if I want compressed video, however the edges of a logo are coming out extremely jagged. Can anything in my export settings be changed to fix this, or do I have to live with it?

I’ve tried importing it as an Ai file and a PNG file, in both cases I had to scale it down so it isn’t an issue if me scaling it up to 200%.

Attached screengrabs of exports:

– PNG export from timeline (looks fine)

– Prores422LT export (slightly jagged edges)

– h264 with target bitrate 12mbps, max 16mbps. (I wouldn’t have these settings so high usually, but I was trying to see if bumping it up would fix it)

Thanks,

Joe

• Jim Curtis

July 13, 2021 at 5:36 pm

“so it isn’t an issue if me scaling it up to 200%.”

PNGs are bitmaps, and scaling them 200% would be an issue. I don’t use Ai files in Pr, so I can’t comment with experience, but theoretically you should be able scale vector GFX any amount without aliasing. I have tried using Ai files in Pr, but abandoned it for a reason I don’t recall. Now I use Ae for vector graphics, and either export/import or use Dynamic Link, which works fine most of the time. Pr tends to lose the Dynamic Links when reopening projects that contain them, forcing me to Relink them.

• Blaise Douros

July 13, 2021 at 6:10 pm

Jim’s on the right track here–AI files will NOT import to Premiere Pro as vectors. PP will rasterize the file at the native resolution of the AI file. A lot of Illustrator users have a nasty habit of using a tiny canvas, and as long as the assets stay in vector formats, that’s fine–but when you bring it into PP, it will be rasterized at that small size. Jump into Illustrator with that AI file, and export a PNG that is natively the correct size for your sequence. That should improve matters significantly.

Your export format definitely will matter too, but if you are exporting from a low-res source, it’s always going to look bad.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy