Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Items disappearing in comp when 3D and CR is turned on

  • Items disappearing in comp when 3D and CR is turned on

    Posted by Matt Michalko on October 8, 2013 at 3:53 pm

    Hi Everyone!

    I have the following issue:

    I have recently been working on a very simple corporate project that involves basic text/shape animations. The client sent us the slides all designed in AI and I imported them as compositions. So, each slide in the video is a comp. Everything obviously has continuously rasterize on because they are vector graphics. But, I wanted to make some of the text move in 3d space, so I did so, and all looks fine within the comp BUT when I go back to my main comp, everything shows up until it hits the part where the 3D layers are, then everything vanishes, which is weird because like I said, when I dig into the actual comp, everything is there and actually moving fine. If I uncheck the CR box or the 3D box it fixes the issue, the only problem is I cant leave the CR box unchecked because everything looks crappy and if I leave the 3D off..well..then I cant do what I want.

    Any thoughts?

    Matt Michalko replied 12 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Brett

    October 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm

    Hi Matt

    —————– I cant exactly tell you how to fix it but I can tell you what it ( almost certainly )is and you can work it out from there I expect…..

    I reckon its something to do with the elements not being precomped — I know they are imported as comps but if you precomp the comp to ‘flatten’ it then try all the options with 3D and CR I think you will find one of them will work…

    …….. I reckon precomp the imported comp then check 3D and CR on BOTH the contents and the new comp itself….

    ——————- all the best —–chris brett —

    ===========================================================

  • Matt Michalko

    October 8, 2013 at 9:03 pm

    Thanks Chris! A true hero! 😛

    Have a great evening!

  • Roland R. kahlenberg

    October 8, 2013 at 9:17 pm

    It sounds like your CR nested comps are 2D in their lower level comps.
    Ensure that the AI files/layers are also 3D in their respective precomps.

    HTH
    RoRK

    Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

    Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
    & Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

  • Matt Michalko

    October 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

    Hmm… actually.. it seems that that didn’t fix the issue. Any other ideas?

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy