Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › Interlace Artifacts

  • Interlace Artifacts

    Posted by Burnsai on December 10, 2006 at 5:34 am

    Hi – I shot some stuff with the DVX 100 in 24p standard mode. Captured from the DVX with FCP in interlace 29.97 mode then tried to remove pulldown in After Effects, Cinema Tools, and Shake – none of them seemed to work correctly. There is always an interlace artifact on every 4th frame. And, yes, I did try all the pulldown settings. I’m racking my brain trying to figure out what this means. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Burnsai replied 19 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Noah Kadner

    December 10, 2006 at 5:51 am

    Sounds like 24pA footage to me.

    -Noah
    http://www.callboxlive.com

  • Burnsai

    December 10, 2006 at 6:34 pm

    That’s what I thought too, but I took the raw footage into after effects and steped through it in the special viewer that allows you to look at individual fields, and the field order matched that of 3232 pulldown not 2332. Also, when I tried all the Advanced pulldown options in the interpret footage box none of them worked.

    Wouldn’t cinema tools be able to figure out if the footage was 24 normal or 24 advanced or do you have to tell it. I ended up using the reverse telecine option to remove pulldown on my footage.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy