Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle w/ Lenovo T420s Laptop WORKING!

• Intensity Shuttle w/ Lenovo T420s Laptop WORKING!

• Chad Pearson

September 21, 2011 at 6:06 pm

My T420s is a Core i5-2540M 2.6Ghz.

The important part though is the Sandy Bridge chipset. It was the first to support the 6Gbps bus speed, but was delayed by Intel and didn’t come out in time to make it into the T420 or T520, only the T420s

• Asaf Blasberg

September 21, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Hey Chad,
    Thank you so much for this. Now the model that you have goes for about $1,500. However, Lenovo makes a T420s for $1,100 that has these specs:

2.5GHz Intel Core i5-2520M4GB (1x4GB) RAM

I am wondering if the Intensity Shuttle will work with the slower processor? Because it seems that the chipset is the same? I’m really worried about this 🙁 let me know your thoughts….

• Asaf Blasberg

September 21, 2011 at 8:00 pm

one thing to add p.s. – i just called lenovo, they basically said that the slower processor still has the same specs as the faster processor – 6gbps bus speed, same sandy bridge chipset… but again without testing this “lower” model with the intensity i’m taking a risk! 🙂

• Asaf Blasberg

September 21, 2011 at 9:27 pm

One more thing I forgot to ask you — did you test the intensity with premiere pro cs5.5?

• Chad Pearson

September 21, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I only use my T420s for capturing and live streaming. All of my editing happens on an 8-core workstation (Sony Vegas). If the chipset is the same, a slightly slower processor won’t make a difference. The only time the processor gets high utilization is when I’m live streaming multiple streams (which means multiple h.264 encoding processes).

• Asaf Blasberg

September 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Chad:
    Did you test the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle with Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2? Is this the program you use?
    Many thanks,
    Asaf

• Chad Pearson

September 22, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Yes. FMLE 3.2

• Asaf Blasberg

September 22, 2011 at 6:37 pm

okay thanks! and one quick question – which version of the drivers if you don’t mind me asking? 🙂

• Joe D’Onghia

November 15, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Hi Chad,
    Can you tell me if whilst capturing, or just monitoring incoming video in Media Express, the output via HDMI is always consistent? Does it ever drop to black?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Joe D’Onghia
    New Magic Australia

• Patrick Chan

June 6, 2012 at 5:17 am

Hi everybody,

I’m using the T420s and is it this shuttle USB3.0 able work for “Ustream” live broadcast via USB input?

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 11 - 20 of 20 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy