Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Intel Xeon compatibility PPro2021

• Intel Xeon compatibility PPro2021

• Glenn Wilkinson

August 2, 2021 at 6:38 am

I’m currently running an older version of PPro 2018 on HPZ420 series, Windows 7Pro OS, with an Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz processor, with 32Gb of ECC RAM along with an NVIDIA Quadro K2000. (PC system build about 5 years ago) All of my editing is HD for Television, I don’t use 4k video in or out. I read on Adobe website that PPro 21 will only run on Windows 10 OS. Hence why I haven’t upgraded from my 2018 PPro version.

Can you tell me if my Xeon E5-1620 CPU is compatible with PPro 2021. I can’t seem to find any specs online or from Adobe regarding Xeon processors. I read Prem Pro 21 supports i7 as minimum spec no mention of Xeon.

<font face=”inherit”>Just want to check if anyone is aware or has had </font>experience<font face=”inherit”> with Xeon </font>compatibility before I do the upgrade to Windows 10 then to PPro21. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Ann Bens

August 2, 2021 at 8:42 am

Might work but will be slow.

CPU technology is nearly 10 years old.

• Bret Hampton

August 2, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Glenn

I use my HP Z800 on PP 15.4 (latest version) and it runs fine. IMO Xeon is a higher level processor than i7.

I constantly edit simple H264 videos without converting.

For general programs with titles/effects I usually transcode to ProRes, works fine.

Let me know if I can answer more specifics but you should be fine.

Just make sure to keep your OS updated as well as NVIDIA drivers, clean your cache between project or just as a general practice.

I run a separate SSD for cache only.

Also check out Facebook group Adobe Premiere Pro Editors, moderated by Kyle Koch, not the other ones. This is a group filled with pros like us and you’ll often get more and faster answers there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/524598280935129

Bret

• Glenn Wilkinson

August 3, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Thank you for your reply Bret, good to hear Xeon is working well PPro 15 on your HPZ.

Have you done an OS upgrade from win7 to 10 on HPZ series?

That will be my first step in preparation for PPro15 install.

I also cache to seperate SSD.

My system has worked flawlessly for over 6 years, I really don’t want to spend money on additional hardware if I can avoid it.

I’m a member of the Facebook group you suggested, will post there also.

Thanks for your advice.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy