- October 15, 2012 at 5:38 am
I must be missing something, sorry for the basic question.
Goal: Switch out existing OS drive with a new OWC SSD 3G Mercury Electra on a 2.5 Drive sled for 2009 – 2010 Apple Mac Pro. My Apple is a 2 x 2.4 Ghz Quad-core Intel Xeon, Model Identifier: MacPro5,1.
Problem: It seems that the computer does not see the SSD.
What I tried to do:
1. Took out old drive with OS and installed new SSD on sled. Booted up with OS disc in DVD drive.
Apple welcome chime sounded, then apple logo on blank screen. After about 10 minutes of just the apple logo i shut it down.
2. Boot up while holding C to force it to see the DVD OS disc. Same results as above.
3. Re-installed old drive with OS and installed SSD as drive #4 inside the computer to see if the computer see’s it. It did not, plus drive 3 (next to SSD) was not there when it booted up.
After I took the SSD out drive 3 came back after boot.
Can anyone help me
- October 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm
While booted off the old HD and the SSD in slot 4, launch System Profiler (/Applications/Utilities) and go to Hardware > Serial ATA section. Does the SSD drive show up?
Apple Certified Trainer & Adobe Certified Instructor
Log in to reply.