Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Installing FCP 6 on G4 dual 800

  • John Pale

    October 11, 2008 at 5:01 am

    These requirements exist for a reason you know.

    Your system will not be able to handle FCP 6, even if you could find some way around it.

    An older version will probably work, if you can get your hands on a copy.

  • Mike Bulda

    December 7, 2008 at 2:38 am

    Leopard wasn’t suppose install on a G4 dual 800 either, but I installed it by doing a firmware hack that I found on Lowend Mac, https://lowendmac.com/osx/leopard/openfirmware.html

    And with an upgraded video card and maxed out ram, Leopard runs fine on my Dual 800.

    I think you could use the same process to load FC6 onto your dual 800. Rendering HD and FX effect might be super slow… but the program should load.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy