- September 8, 2020 at 6:21 pm
- September 9, 2020 at 2:54 am
You can do this by applying expressions to a shape. Quick google search turns up a few example tutorials… here’s one that might apply: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiz-h3ZU_I
*Edit* I see now what you meant… I haven’t tested it, but something like this could work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5xw9m-sc4Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!
- September 9, 2020 at 8:02 am
This question has been bothering me since I read it yesterday. Probably because I couldn’t get near AE until this morning 🙂
I quickly tried just using an extreme Stroke on the text, but that left lots of spikes, so I added a Fast Box Blur which softened the spiky bits. Then used a Roughen Edges to make the blur more solid. Then CC Composite to return the Text.
With block capitals that got the look you were after, but when lower case is included, the top line was wavy – unlike your screenshot. So I added a Linear Wipe to shave the top down.
Here’s a screenshot:
- September 9, 2020 at 11:58 am
Here’s my recipe:
- duplicate the text-layer below your original
- give it the box color
- add a textanimator"Character Value" to the copy:
- Character Alignment: Center
- Character Value: 61
- This will replace every character with a "="
- You can also choose value:79, which will be a "O" rounder edges
- Add a minimax effect:
- operation: Maximum
- Radius: 30 (something like 50-60% of your textlayer's fontsize)
- Channel: Alpha and Color
That’s it… You can also do two minimax effects: 1 for vertical and 1 for horizontal.
and experiment with different values for character value like 43 “+” or 47 “/” or 124 for “|” etc.
If you change font or text or layout, just copy the textproperty from the toplayer to the bottom and it’ll line up again.
- September 9, 2020 at 5:01 pm
thanks a lot for the help everyone! filip, I think your way came out the best! I set the char value to 79 and it looks awesome and clean and looks unmistakably to the ig/tiktok text boxes
- September 10, 2020 at 1:37 am
Just curious: why post twice?
- September 11, 2020 at 8:50 pm
lol, you know, I tried posting the first time and the website stopped responding and crashed so I didn’t think it went through after a refresh and after I posted again, I saw the original. I couldn’t figure out how to delete one of the posts and so, here we are
- September 16, 2020 at 2:31 pm
Filip, I love how wonderfully simple and perfect your solution is!
Just to get the rounding in the area where the each line touches, I added a Simple Choker set to 26.
Log in to reply.