Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Audition Importing Raw data – Most parts with Noise only?

  • Importing Raw data – Most parts with Noise only?

  • Juan Ayala

    October 9, 2017 at 9:23 pm

    Hello, guys. So, the dreadful 0 bytes file thing happened to me. My Tascam lost power during the recording. I left the SD card untouched and made an image copy of the drive so I could import it in Audition as raw data in order to find the corrupted take.

    My input settings were 48khz, 24 bit PCM, Stereo (just as recorded) and Little Endian. I have tried values 0, 1 and 2 (even 3) in the “start byte offset” space.

    What I get is an almost 4-hour long audio file with 85% ultra-saturated sound at 0db (or almost) and the other 15% are chunks of good audio with normal levels. Where levels are just a little below 0db I can tell those are takes that I recorded just fine–Apart from this one take I’m trying to recover, I can play all other takes on my computer and they all have normal levels.

    When I change the value to 0, 1 or 2 the chunks that sound good are all different, but still, together they comprise about 15% of the entire file. When I changed the value to 3 I got a split second file.

    Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.

    PS: I have also tried the chkdsk solution to recover the 0 bytes file, but the .chk files are not showing up on my drive event though the “show hidden files” option is checked.

Viewing 1 of 1 posts

Log in to reply.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy