Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Panasonic Cameras HPX 300 Shooting LCD Monnitor

• HPX 300 Shooting LCD Monnitor

Jerry Vogt updated 8 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 12 Posts
  • Jerry Vogt

January 19, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Any advice would be appreciated. I’m shooting an over the shoulder training of how to use a software program on an LCD monitor with my HPX 300. I have adjusted the syncro-scan so that the rolling horizontal line disapears but when I’m in for tighter shots and completely focused I get this bright diagonal pattern. Also when panning on the screen I get white flair ups. Any ideas?

Jerry

• Tom Prigge

January 19, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Could this maybe be the exposure zebras?

• Jerry Vogt

January 20, 2012 at 12:56 am

Tom,

Just checked my settings, zebra was off but when I close my iris down to 5.6, I can completely focus to peak without getting that group of diagional lines. Now all I get is a moire like patten in brighter area’s of the screen when I pan.
    I will change the background to a solid dark color and that should help.

I realise that programs like Camtasia could do a better job but this is a short demo and don’t want to spend the $300.

Thanks.

• Chris Tompkins

January 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Are you viewing the footage proper after the shoot?

Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

• Jerry Vogt

January 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’m viewing the image on my camera’s lcd screen, have not recorded anything yet. This morning I tried shooting a laptop and found that the iris needed to be opened more, and once again I see these flashes of light on the camera’s lcd screen with thin diagonal lines.

I checked that my lens mount was secure. I also tried to shoot from a slight angle but the problem is still there.

• Chris Tompkins

January 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm

You need a high-end large field monitor connected via SDI OR
    View footage in edit suite connected to a Video monitor to judge. Don’t judge what you see in the Cam LCD.

Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

• Jerry Vogt

January 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I will record some footage and import into FCP later today. Will post results.

Thanks

• Tom Prigge

January 20, 2012 at 7:59 pm

You mentioned Camtasia being out of your budget for this project. They do have a trial download, I believe.

I use Camtasia quite a bit. Works great.

• Jerry Vogt

January 20, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I recorded the computer screen this afternoon, which is a Samsung Synk Master 26″. Recorded in DVCPRO-50 60i and imported into FCP. Same problems as I saw on the on camera lcd. So I went in and changed the peaking setting to -7 which should have nothing to do with the recording but it did seem a little better. Then tried AVC-Intra 720p and I can still see line patterns all over the place.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

• Michael Alberts

January 21, 2012 at 6:16 pm

ScreenFlow from Telestream is only $99. We use it for computer demos all the time. Works great with FCP for editing. Has l

Michael Alberts
    Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
    http://www.ambidextrous.net

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy