Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Panasonic Cameras › How to record on tape time and date

  • How to record on tape time and date

    Posted by Sam Smith on March 27, 2009 at 6:49 am

    Hi, my name is Sam. I am doing a video deposition and I need to put the time and date on the tape. Please instruct me on this procedure please. I have tried all the settings on the camera and each time I take the tape out the time is not displayed on the tape.

    Thanks!

    Sam Smith

    Jon Clay replied 17 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Noah Kadner

    March 27, 2009 at 5:47 pm

    Which camera- the DVX100?

    -Noah

    Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
    Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
    DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
    https://www.callboxlive.com

  • Jon Clay

    August 13, 2009 at 8:00 pm

    I am using a DVX100A for legal video and was wondering if this camera was able to “stamp” the time/date onto the video. I’ve heard that it can but have so far been unable to set it to do so. I can only get it to record the date/time as metadata. There is some business in the user’s manual about “setting the user’s bit, memos (dates, times)and other information consisting of up to 8 digits
    in hexadecimal notation can be recorded on the sub-code track”. Is the setting I need related to those user’s bits? I need this info “stamped” asap. Any help with this is much appreciated.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy