Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › how to do black and white without colour bleed through

  • how to do black and white without colour bleed through

    Posted by Michele on April 6, 2005 at 7:08 pm

    fairly simple, but I’m new to this
    I have my entire video in black and white, but there is a faint strip of colour bleeding through across the middle of the screen. why?! how can I fix this?

    and what is the correct way to make something greyscale? perhaps I have done it wrong. thanks!

    Thaxter Clavemarlton replied 21 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Shane Ross

    April 6, 2005 at 9:00 pm
  • Jerry Hofmann

    April 6, 2005 at 9:01 pm

    Did you make it black and white or was it shot that way?

    Try applying a desaturation filter. It’s called “Desaturate” and found in the “Image Control” set of video filters.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer

    Author: “Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4” Click here

    Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

  • Thaxter Clavemarlton

    April 6, 2005 at 9:02 pm

    There are several way to make Color footage into B&W.
    One of the most direct routes is:

    Effects > Video Filters > Image Control > Desaturate

    Add that filter and the color is gone.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy