Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Broadcasting how to check rs-422 connection?

• how to check rs-422 connection?

philipp hahn updated 6 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • philipp hahn

December 12, 2013 at 2:40 am

hi,
    i got hold of an old jog shuttle, a jl cooper mcs2 but it has a rs-422 connector (using sony 9 pin protocol).
    now, i use a usb-serial adapter to connect it to my mac but up to now i did not get it to work so i am looking for some sort of monitor app (mac os) which could help me analyze what is going on…

i tried “serial tools” and “cool term” which managed to connect to the port and show some garbeled input too (at least when in raw data mode) but nothing really helpful – i think all these programs are geared towards standard rs-232 and can’t deal with rs-422/sony 9 pin…
    so… any ideas how i could get some proper data out of that thing?

any help is appreciated a lot, thanks in advance!!!
    p

• Tom Matthies

December 13, 2013 at 6:00 pm

What exactly are you trying to use the controller to do?

E=MC2+/-2db

• philipp hahn

December 13, 2013 at 6:55 pm

actutally i want to use it with max/msp at a later point but for the time being i would be happy to have it work in any program.
    apart: in the meantime i connected it as well to a bmd ultrastudio express which features rs422 deck control but as well, nothing… does anyone know wether this port is bidirectional?
    thanks!!
    p

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can. Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy