Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects How is this done?

• How is this done?

• Conan Stott

June 6, 2021 at 3:48 am

https://youtu.be/gooWdc6kb80

Hi all. This guys channel is pretty great and this piece in particular has inspired me. I am an editor but with good knowledge of effects. I often do roto and time warp stuff but this is something I am not quite understanding.

If I were to try and emulate some of these I am thinking that I would be doing the actions in a separate shot, and rotoscoping the object then matching the action with the object if that makes sense.

BUT what is happening here seems to have another level of complexity which I am not understanding. How is he popping that water balloon but then able to punch it? Two different balloons? Also the cookie photo one is blowing my mind.

Anyhow, I am trying to up my game and I wonder if anyone here would have any insight into a likely process to pull these off? Then I can practice and hopefully be as amazing as this guys channel one day.

Thanks in advance

Conan

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• Tero Ahlfors

June 6, 2021 at 9:34 am

Probably a bunch of actual plates shot and composited with some CG elements added.

• Graham Quince

June 7, 2021 at 1:58 pm

I saw this when it came out. It’s really well done.

My guess is that for the punch a water balloon was suspended on a thread and the dropping balloon was rotoscoped onto the shot, ending at the moment of impact.

• Eric Santiago

June 7, 2021 at 2:55 pm

A ton of great compositing work.

Why I got into this business 🙂

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy