Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro How can I get the 2017 PP V11?

• How can I get the 2017 PP V11?

Ann Bens updated 1 week, 6 days ago 3 Members · 4 Posts
  • Jason Perryman

October 3, 2021 at 5:02 pm

Not sure if this post is allowed in here, but again in a follow up to a problem I have where my 2018/2021 versions of PP can’t play my .DV clips and they are all offline, it seems the only version that can play the .DV clips as normal is the PP 2017 V11.

But I cannot find a way to download this version anywhere, I have Googled it to death. I really need the 2017 version legitimately to carry on with this massive project and it’s just so hard trying to link these clips 1 by 1 to the 2021 version, if I have V11 I could have everything linked and working right away.

Does anyone know where or how I can get the 2017 PP still? Any help would be highly appreciated and a life saver to me here. Many thanks.

• Bret Hampton

October 3, 2021 at 5:58 pm

Hi

I don’t know of any way to get that version since Adobe doesn’t offer it anymore. I believe it’s strictly installed through Creative Cloud, not from disc, so unless someone still has it and loaned to you then not possible. Also Adobe would check your subscription before authorizing that installation.

However you should be able to convert those files using one of several apps like VLC, Handbrake, etc.

https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/recover-deleted-dv.html

• Jason Perryman

October 5, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Thanks. So even if I were to miraculously get a successful installation file for PP 2017 I would eventually hit a wall with some Adobe window telling me I can’t go any further because of some ID I have?

I’ll go with the converting of clips to a format that PP can use. But is there a way that I can link several timeline .dv clips to their new formatted files in one go? Or do I have to do this 1 by 1 per clip?

• Ann Bens

October 6, 2021 at 9:33 am

You cannot. 2019 is as far back you can go with ProDesignTools.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy