- April 14, 2005 at 6:13 am
Hi, i have made a mov file via pro animator, i have imported that file in aftereffect. now in the middle of the animation, i want to pause it for 2-3seconds before it contiues the play, how do i achieve that. i mean hold the mov for some time and then resume the normal play?
would appreciate a quick response.
- April 14, 2005 at 7:50 am
Time remapping will do the trick.
- April 14, 2005 at 8:06 am
In case you are not familiar with time remapping.
1. select the movie layer and hit ctrl-alt-T to apply time remap.
2. move the time indicator to where you want the pause to start then create keyframe.
3. from the newly placed keyframe move the time indicator forward one frame and
create one more keyframe.
4. now select from the third(the second keyframe you created) to the last keyframe
and move them over 2 or 3 seconds forward.
5. then bring the time indicator to the very last keyframe and with the layer selected,
hit “O” to extend the layer to the last keyframe.
That should do the trick
- April 14, 2005 at 8:12 am
[Dave] “hit “O” to extend the layer to the last keyframe. “
Sorry, a little mistake, hit alt+] to extend layer, not “O”
- April 14, 2005 at 8:25 am
Time remapping is the best way, but a quick and dirty way is to go to the time where you want to pause the video.
Make a still of that frame (Composition > Save Frame As).
Import the Still into AE and drop it into the timeline at that spot, below the video layer.
Split the video layer (Edit > Slit Layer).
Extend the Compsition 2 seconds (Composition > Comp Settings).
Slide the right side of the split layer 2 seconds to the right.
You can change the pause time just by sliding the right side of the split layer around.
Log in to reply.