-
HMC150 HDMI Bit Depth
I just received disappointing info. from Panasonic regarding the HDMI bit depth being only 8 bits. I was hoping to use the AJA Ki-Pro to improve green screen keying but the Ki-Pro will probably be no better than using the built in AVCHD converted to ProRes in FCS.
Here’s the email.
Thank you very much for supporting Panasonic Professional AV products.
The color data of HDMI output from AG-HMC150 is 8 bit data.
Best regards,
——————————————–
PASS Support Team
sav.p2support.pavc@ml.jp.panasonic.com
——————————————–[ Message ]
HMC150 HDMI Output
What color bit depth and resolution is output from the HDMI port on the HMC150?I am considering an external recorder (AJA Ki-Pro) to improve green screen capture from my HMC150 but would like to know if I will be capturing real 10 bit color data or 8 bit data or padded 10 bit data in order to make my purchasing decision.