Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X Help! Need to convert an old FCP Project file from 10.0.x to an XML or 10.4.5

• Help! Need to convert an old FCP Project file from 10.0.x to an XML or 10.4.5

• Teo Camporeale

September 11, 2020 at 10:33 pm

Hello, I know this is a long shot: DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAPPEN TO HAVE A WORKING INSTALL OF FCP 10.0.X OR UP TO 10.3? I need to work with an older Final Cut project file, but I did not know that after FCP 10.3, you cannot access the file even to convert it. My old machine that had 10.0.x installed died, and even if I could find the installers, it probably wont run on the new mac OS… If anyone could help, I’d be happy to pay something for your effort! Thank you!

• Patrick Donegan

September 18, 2020 at 5:18 am

I thought i had already replied.

I have an iMac 2011 dual boot and will see if i can open that file.

I also have some old cloned systems, so I will be able to run FCPX 10.3/

• Teo Camporeale

September 18, 2020 at 12:26 pm

Hi Patrick, thank you for your reply! I think you did answer on FCP.co ? My apologies for not responding to that sooner– I actually got it converted. And, my memory being not so sharp, and since I didn’t make project notes on this one before archiving, it turns out it was actually a FCP 7 file! Luckily the person who tried it happened to still have 7 available and was able to convert. My lesson is well learned though: ALWAYS make an XML backup of the project before archiving! Thanks again for responding.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy