Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › hdmi to sdi — aja converter how do I export video thru hdmi plug

  • hdmi to sdi — aja converter how do I export video thru hdmi plug

    Posted by Scott Russell on April 2, 2010 at 1:41 am

    I have a laptop I want to output HDMI to SDI for a CC encoder. I was looking at a cheap alternative and found the AJA HA5. If I use this what program could I use to export the video from my laptop via the HDMI jack to the encoders SDI plug?

    I edit with Media composer. Can Media composer do this?

    Thanks in advance

    Scott Russell replied 16 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Gary Adcock

    April 2, 2010 at 1:01 pm

    [Scott Russell] ” If I use this what program could I use to export the video from my laptop via the HDMI jack to the encoders SDI plug? “

    probably not

    the Aja tools are designed to only work with SMPTE Standard video signals, your computers display output is not that.

    You may or may not depending on the settings your laptop can output,if it can do 1920 1080 at 50/60hrz possibly-

    gary adcock
    Studio37
    HD & Film Consultation
    Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
    Chicago, IL

    https://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

  • Scott Russell

    April 2, 2010 at 1:57 pm

    Thanks for that one thing I am learning fast is dont presume anything. Could I export direct from Media composer? Or any suggestions of a cheap way to get this video out of my laptop to HDMI. Software package?
    AJA recommended the io express but I dont want to pay $900 and find it is not what I want.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy