Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader

• HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader

• Marco Solorio

March 22, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Does anyone know of an HD-SDI de-embedder/extractor/demuxer/reader that can pull the embedded SMPTE timecode from an HD-SDI signal and spit out LTC timecode? It would be a simple little black box… SDI input (maybe with an SDI loop out) and an LTC output by means of a 1/4″ plug or BNC spigot or similarly common TC output connector.

I’m surprised AJA doesn’t have a little “gray” box that does this… seems pretty straight forward and they’d be the company to make such a quality device.

Searching the net for days has yielded very little results. The closest I found was this…

https://www.evertz.com/products/8010TM-IRIG

but at a cost of about $3350, I don’t think I’ll be going that route.

Anyone have any idears?

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

• Jeremy Garchow

March 22, 2008 at 7:20 pm

[Marco Solorio] “I’m surprised AJA doesn’t have a little “gray” box that does this… seems pretty straight forward and they’d be the company to make such a quality device. “

Oh, but they do:

https://www.aja.com/html_pop/Io_HD_bp.html

• Marco Solorio

March 22, 2008 at 7:40 pm

LOL, a little overkill for a TC reader, wouldn’t you say? Key word *little* gray box! 😉

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

• Rich Rubasch

March 22, 2008 at 8:58 pm

What about the Horita box….this takes the RS422 output of the Kona card or deck and spits out an LTC audio channel. This is how I make timecode matching dubs from HDV to DVCProHD via the Convergent designs M1 box.

I think it is the TG-50. Horita is the timecode conversion/extraction company. Oh, and blackburst generators.

Rich Rubasch
    Tilt Media

• Marco Solorio

March 22, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Thanks, Rich. Yeah I’ve seen that unit from Horita. Unfortunately it strictly needs to be from an embedded HD-SDI source.

• Jeremy Garchow

March 22, 2008 at 9:41 pm

[Marco Solorio] “Key word *little* gray box!”

Yeah, it’s a bit bigger than little. But for around the same price as the other one you mentioned, it does so much more! 😀

• Ramona Howard

March 24, 2008 at 5:07 am

Marco,

We do this in RaveHD but it’s much bigger than a bread box 🙂 Best of luck in your quest.

Cheers,
    Ramona

• Jon Lewis

March 24, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Try this company and see if it works for you
    https://www.adrielec.com/

Thanks
    Jon Lewis

• Marco Solorio

March 25, 2008 at 1:09 am

Thanks Jon… I actually emailed them over the weekend! They said they might come up with such a device later this year. No luck for now though. =(

I also emailed a couple of other manufacturers, including Markertek to see if they knew of anything… so far no response. :-/

• Jacob Varela

September 12, 2008 at 7:11 am

Thank you Jon!! this is just what i need.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy