Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Blackmagic Design HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader

• HD-SDI Timecode De-embedder/reader

• Marco Solorio

April 20, 2008 at 6:40 pm

Congrats on all the new converter boxes. Wish I had time at NAB to look them over in person. Here’s another box to add to your line-up… HD-SDI input with LTC timecode output. The only company that makes something like this is a 1RU box by Evertz for about $3500 with bells and whistles I don’t need. All I need is HD-SDI in and timecode out. Easy. I can’t believe nobody has made this device. I’ve searched hi and low, spoken with both manufacturers and VARs and nobody (Horita, Miranda, Laird, AJA, Gefen, you name it) has made something like this. It’s so simple and yet it’s not out there.

Application? Anyone with a video camera that has HD-SDI output but has no dedicated LTC output. This is true for at least some Sony and Canon cameras that I know of, including my EX1.

OR… make it so your current SDI to Analog converter does this: when in AES/EBU mode, keep that for audio 1 out like you have now and make audio 2 out LTC. Boom, there ya go.

Build this “black box” (or in your case, gray) or update your current one and I’ll be your first buyer.

Thanks,

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

• Keith Koby

May 4, 2008 at 7:19 pm

I could use that too where producers are screening feeds from a live feed via videohub and a ltc feed run is not available. I would spend $300 on it. The cable runs would cost as much to make…

Keith Koby
    Head of Post-Production Engineering
    iNDEMAND NETWORKS
    Howard TV!/MOJO/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View

• Sam Tozer

May 11, 2008 at 12:23 am

I absolutely agree,

We too are in need of such a device…

Particularly for much of our non broadcast work we are trying to eek out a couple more years of nice uncompressed realtime editing from our SD-SDI Avid Media Composer suites, but are increasingly shooting on EX1s and the like. The ability to dump to an SD-VTR for digitising whilst honoring the LTC of the originals would enable us to recompile our SD timeline in HD at a later date from the backed up XDCAM HD files…

Yup, just HD-SDI to SD-SDI + Audio + LTC

Cheers.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy