-
H264 BD Export of GoPro Max Videos – Bad Quality
Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the videos or the output quality of the GoPro Max when exporting as an h264 Bluray. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.I use the following videos:
Hero 7 / 4K 50 fps
GoPro Max / 5.6K 25 fps
iPhone 11 Pro / 4K 60 fpsOutput is on:
Bluray 1080, max. Render quality, 25fps, h264, bit rate 25-30 MBHardware:
– Premiere current version
– iMac 5K 2017, i7 4.2 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB VRAM
– 2 TB Fusion Drive
– Export to external USB3 HDDMy workflow:
– Film as usual
– Drag and sort all footage into the working folder
– Convert to Apple Pro Res with GoPro Player (GoPro MAX videos only)
– Create project and sequence as DSLR 1080 25 fps
(since the export should also take place at 1080 25 fps)
– Import all media into Premiere
– Place normal videos
– Create MAX videos as separate sequences (with a right click)
– Open these sequences and apply Gopro Reframe
– Select GoPro 4K 16: 9 for projection
– in the refresh effect zoom 124%
(to fill the frame, otherwise a large black border will appear)
– Create desired refresh effects
– Close sequence
– Place individual Gopro MAX sequences in the main sequence
(This detour is necessary because the videos deviate from the main sequence (5.6K or Reframe 4K to 1080). If I place the videos without the detour, a message appears asking me whether I want to keep the sequence setting does not make sense! If I say yes it shifts with the setting of the main sequence, if I say no I can no longer apply the Gopro Reframe effect.)
– At this point the quality in the preview (100%) is still ok or looks OK. You can see no difference
between the videos of the Hero7 and the MAX – at least not noticeable.
– At the end export to BD as described aboveProblem:
The videos of the Max look very sharp in Premiere, as well as in the GoPro VR Player itself. On the actual export (ie when watching the BD on the TV) the quality is poor. In comparison with the videos of the Hero 7, the videos of the Max look very blurred and washed out. It shouldn’t be because of the playback on the TV because all the other videos in the same project are great (e.g. the same project from Premiere on the same BD, but from the Hero 7, the iPhone or the Canon 5DMark4.)What can I change?
Should I render the MAX sequences directly after the refresh and then import them into my main project as finished videos?
Thank you very much
PS: If someone comes from the corner of Dresden and can help me, you could also meet for a beer.Many thanks
Hendrik
Sorry, there were no replies found.