Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro › Getting good quality DVD from Toast 11 using fcpx

  • Getting good quality DVD from Toast 11 using fcpx

    Posted by Jerry Fitzgerald on September 17, 2018 at 2:11 pm

    Hi guys,
    Im wondering is there anything that can be done about the way toast 11 compresses video onto DVD. I shoot and edit wedding videos and while I get really lovely HD video , the quality diminishes once I burn to DVD via toast 11. I realise that toast will compress my HD video but im wondering is there any way if I change settings or use another DVD program that my DVD quality will be the same quality as the video I export from FCPX.
    Thanks in advance.

    Steve Connor replied 8 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jeff Kirkland

    September 21, 2018 at 11:17 pm

    Firstly, it’s never going to be the same quality because you’re going from HD to SD when you make the DVD. Plus Toast’s encoder is notoriously poor quality.

    That said, and I haven’t burnt a DVD in many years now, when I was using Toast, if you gave it an already encoded MPG2 file it just created a DVD from it without re-encoding – so just use Compressor or whatever to create the DVD compliant file and then get Toast to burn that.

    —-
    Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
    Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

  • Steve Connor

    September 22, 2018 at 10:58 am

    No DVD is SD and a huge drop in quality from HD. Not much you can do to fix that. Sell your clients on the idea of Blu-rays if you can

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy