I’ve run into something in Cinema that’s really got me stumped. I’m working with a model of a phone that I downloaded from Turbo Squid that is giving me terrible aliasing issues. Even when rendered with minimum and maximum levels both set to 16×16 (I know that’s insane), I’m still getting crunchy/choppy serrations around seams and in reflections. I’ve done everything including the following:
– Made sure that my object is only reflecting the sky
– Made sure I didn’t have any aliasing artifacts in the HDRI feeding my sky object
– Experimented with different filters, including Blend with Softness set as high as 65%
– Removing all specularity from materials
– Experimenting with different render resolutions (1920×1080 is giving me the best result)
– Experimenting with the AA overrides in Compositing tags
– Experimented with different levels of HyperNurb subdivision
Again, this is a strange problem because it only manifests itself on geometry edges. All reflections on broad surfaces and bitmapped textures are all rendering silky smooth. I’ve never seen this as a problem before, and was wondering if perhaps it was related to the most current update to Cinema (although I doubt it).
Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!