Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve frame rate conversion 25 to 24

• frame rate conversion 25 to 24

Eric Santiago updated 4 weeks ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Andi Winter

September 7, 2011 at 7:49 pm

dear colleagues!

today a director informed me that he wants to make a dcp after color correction and therefore he needs the project on 24 fps (but it was shot@25!)…

so, i haven’t much of experience in this field, so any tips appreciated!
    (can resolve help me doing this? cinema tools? any other software? whats your weapon of choice?)

thx in advance

andy

• Robert Houllahan

September 7, 2011 at 8:38 pm

In film you would just give the film to the projectionist and they would run a 25fps film at 24fps. For DCP you could export the film as DPX files and then import them into the DCP package as 24.00 FPS. You could render a 25FPS Quicktime and use Cinema Tools (FCP 7) to “Conform” the clip from 25.00 FPS to 24.00 FPS which is just a QT header change. Open the clip in Cinema tools and click on the conform button to to change the frame rate.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
    Director / Colorist
    Cinelab Inc.
    http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma.

• Mihkel Mäemets

September 9, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Converting the image files to 24 fps is easy, but you also need to slow down the audio and fix the pitch so it stays the same.

• Joseph Owens

September 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm

DCP doesn’t support 25 fps?

jPo

You mean “Old Ben”? Ben Kenobi?

• Neil Wilkes

June 6, 2022 at 10:30 pm

How do I go about doing this from 25 to 24 for Blu-ray please?

It’s a concert film, so screwing with the audio is not an option – too many artefacts from time stretching & pitch shifting, so what IO was considering was a straight 25-24 conversion that extends the run time, and shrinking the footage back to the right length using something like Twixtor – but 4.1% is a huge amount.

The worst of this is that the film crew were asked to shoot at 24, yet refused saying ‘we always fix it in post’ which is utter BS of course.

• Eric Santiago

June 7, 2022 at 3:58 am

Quickest way is to use Adobe Media Encoder.
    From my experience.

And when you say BluRay, do you mean its still an editable format e.g. ProRes422 and wish to convert to burn onto BD correct?

AME it is.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy