Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Force Unrender (a la Media 100)

• Force Unrender (a la Media 100)

• Jeremy Garchow

June 1, 2005 at 11:34 pm

Is there a way to force unrender clips by selecting them? For example, I have a sequence of dissolves (or audio renders) is there a way to force unrender those without manually changing each file. It would be nice If I could select the dissolves and force unrender. Media 100 had this, but I can’t seem to figure how to do it in FCP. I understand I can delete all of my render files, but at this point I don’t want to rerender all of my sequences for this project. Thanks.

Jeremy

• Arnie Schlissel

June 2, 2005 at 12:03 am

Select the edit with either the Roll or Ripple tool (doesn’t matter which), then trim 1 frame forward, which “unrenders” it, then 1 frame backward, to where you started. Render, rinse, repeat.

Arnie
    https://www.arniepix.com

• Jeremy Garchow

June 2, 2005 at 12:14 am

[Arniepix] “Render, rinse, repeat.”

😀

Thanks for the tip. I think I found a way actually. I dropped an empty motion project on a v track over the clips I wanted to unrender. I deleted the empty project and all the clips underneath it then were unrendered. For audio, i just kept adding filters until i got a red bar, then I control clicked all of the clips and removed attributes > audio > filters. Not elegant, but it works on big bunches of clips w/dissolves.

Jeremy

• Scott Witthaus

June 2, 2005 at 12:21 am

shouldn’t you be able to do this by deleting render material via the media manager? Find the render files in the folder and delete? Kind of like deleting pre-computes in Avid?

• Jeremy Garchow

June 2, 2005 at 12:31 am

In theory yes, but I only want to do it to a certain number of clips w/ dissolves. Also, I stay away from the Media manager as it has burned my cohorts & I in the past. the reason I have to do this is because my render files are ‘lost’. They appear in the timeline, but they are no where to be found on the media drive. So basically, there’s no media files to delete, but the render files are still playing back. My best guess is that it’s a bad/lost/corrupt directory somewhere. It all happened when I switched to a new media drive on Tuesday. Thanks for the tip.

Jeremy

• Hector Candleleven

June 2, 2005 at 1:06 am

Here’s what I do: Click on “Clip Overlay” at the bottom of the timeline, then bring down the opacity down and release, then bring it back up again. Works like a charm.

• Nick Toth

June 2, 2005 at 2:38 am

Use ‘Render Manager’ under Tools. (Not ‘Media Manager’)

Or right click on clip (or control click) and choose “Remove Attributes”. Leave everything unchecked and hit enter.

• Martin Baker

June 2, 2005 at 8:45 am

Quickest way I’ve found is to select the clip/transitions, hit CTRL-B to disable them and then CTRL-B to enable them again. The links to render files are lost by doing this.

Martin
    Digital Heaven, London UK

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy